Well, as pet owners and fellow humans we’ve all been through the guidelines of taking care of our furry four legged friends. Most of us aware of the countless joys that they fill our lives with. But did you know that pets can have a good effect on the overall health (physically and mentally).
Let’s find out what these are-
- Both dogs and cats help you alleviate stress levels. The cutesy faces and the sparkle in their eyes is enough to melt your day’s stress.
- Recent studies have shown that being around a dog or a cat and spending time with them is believed to reduce cardiovascular diseases in humans. That means a pet owner is less likely to suffer a heart stroke or a cardiac arrest by 40%
- WIth dogs, you are sure to adopt a healthy and active lifestyle. The zest and energy that dogs possess is contagious and will keep you intact for the long run.
- On the other hand, our feline friends are serious snoozers! Some studies claim that taking a power nap in the afternoon is a powerhouse to boost your mental and cognitive abilities. Curling up your little ball of fur in the afternoons is a great way to utilize your inner strengths.
- Their woof! and purrr! has a soothing effect to your nerves. Their voices not only help you calm down but have a tendency to control and manage your blood pressure too.
- As weird as it may sound, but dogs can detect seizures and cancers too. It is their sense of smell that helps them detect seizures priorly. And with that same quality of its nose, dogs are accurate about certain types of cancers like colon cancer, prostate cancer, to name a few.
- Cats help you learn the importance of strategic decision making in life. To quote Mark Twain, "If animals could speak, the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow; but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
- Simply put, cats are thoughtful, strategic and deliberate -- all characteristics their owners value and even hope to embody themselves.
- Having a pet dog can boost your dating life. Wondering how can a dog help you with your date? It's fairly simple to decode. Guys having a pet dog at home naturally develop a soft stop in the hearts of their dates. In other words, it reveals your caring nature to melt their hearts.
- pet therapy has proven a helpful learning tool, as many people with autism feel a stronger connection to animals than they do other people. A 2012 study, reveals that 40 autistic children and their families with pets at home communicated better then those without pets. The calming and soothing effects of having a cat encouraged them to socialize and communicate better.
- Both dogs and cats make you more compassionate towards your loved ones and towards the things that matter to you.